Happiness seem like quite a simple thing, yet man struggle to feel happiness everyday. Happiness also means different things to different things which is sometimes why it’s hard to find. In fact Bupa have found out that only one in eight of us has a feel great moment once a month and stress is one of the biggest reasons we don’t feel great! So they have made it their mission to help us find happiness in everyday and celebrate all the little things that make us feel great!
They kicked off their mission with the Bupa Westminster Mile last Sunday and are hosting are number of activities and initiatives over the summer to help create feel great moments, from night runs, outdoor swims and events in some of Britain’s most beautiful forests (Visit Bupa.co.uk/feel-great-britain for all the events).
Bupa kindly sent me the above parcel filled seven days of goodies which share some of Britain’s favourite “Feel Great” moments. So let’s see what Feel Great moments we all have…
Day 1 was Britain’s top “Feel Great” moment – fresh clean bed sheets! 62% of us rate this as our top feel great moment and I have to agree with this one… getting into a freshly made bed is one of my favourite feelings, so the Fresh Linen Spray is now a great way to replicate this!
Day 2 was one of the most unusual “Feel Great” moments – the “pop” when opening a new jar. Apparently 9% of those surveyed enjoy this … I much prefer the pop of a champagne bottle! However I am guilty in enjoying popping bubble wrap like 20% of those surveyed.
Day 3’s gift was the smell of freshly cut grass. I know many people who love this as it symbolises the beginning of summer. However as a huge hayfever sufferer it’s not one of my “Feel Great” moments. Is it one of yours?
Day 4 was another peculiar one – putting on new socks. I’ve never really thought of this as a real great moment however when I do think of it, it is a great feeling!
Day 5 was probably one of my favourite… taking that first bite of chocolate! For me it’s one of my favourite “Feel Great” moments, especially when cuddled up with a book on the sofa.
Day 6 Feel Great moment is another I agree very strongly with – exercise! As much as I sometimes don’t want to work out I always feel a million time better after working out! It’s a well known fact that exercise releasesrelases loads of those happy hormones and is known to help people who battle with depression and anxiety.
Day 7 is a lovely “Feel Great” moment – the happiness we feel when we do a random act of kindness – it’s actually one of our top 3 moment of happiness. So Bupa were very kind to gift me this wonderful book! I love a great health food book.
The full list of things that make Great Britons feel great is:
1. Sleeping in a freshly made bed
2. Feeling the sun on your face
3. People saying ‘thank you’ or a random act of kindness from a stranger
4. Finding money in unexpected places
5. Having time to myself
6. Laughing so hard it hurts
7. Snuggling on the sofa with a loved one
8. Freshly made bread
9. Doing something for others
10. The clean feeling after a shower
11. When your favourite song comes on the radio
12. Finding a bargain in the sales
13. Listening to the rainfall/thunderstorms when you’re inside
14. Freshly brewed tea / coffee
15. The thrill of personal achievement
16. Having a long hot bath
17. Seeing a fresh coating of snow
18. Freshly cut grass
19. Chocolate melting in your mouth
20. Doing something active outdoors (e.g. bike ride, run, country walk)
21. Bacon cooking in the morning
22. Talking to or playing with your pet
23. A soothing massage
24. That ‘Friday feeling’
25. A perfectly cooked steak
26. Waking up before the alarm and realising there’s more time to sleep
27. Doing exercise
29. Remembering the name of something/someone you thought you’d forgotten
30. Making a perfectly baked cake/pie
31. Stepping on crunchy autumn leaves
32. Popping bubble wrap
33. Swimming in the sea / lake
34. New car smell
35. Dancing like no one is watching
36. The smell of new books/magazines
37. Smell of a fine wine
38. Putting your Out of Office on before going on holiday
39. Putting on a brand new pair of socks
40. Watching your breath float away in cold air
41. Getting new stationary
42. Singing in the shower
43. Getting a seat on the bus / train / tube
44. Picking an easy peel orange from the fruit bowl
45. Loosening your jeans after you’ve eaten
46. The ‘pop’ when you open a new jar of jam
47. Squeezing a spot
48. Cleaning the wax from your ears
49. Cleaning the bathroom
50. The Royal Family