If you haven’t already read I recently completed Whole 30 and have a new found love for food and home cooking.
As Whole 30 is quite a restricting diet in that a lot of my usual favourite recipes have a couple of ingredients which aren’t Whole 30 compliant in them – breadcrumbs, sugar or Greek yoghurt – I have had to adapt a lot of them. This sausage & Sweet Potato Hash is one of them.
Sweet potatoes are definitely one of my favourite vegetables, sweet potato fries have long been one of my favourite ways to enjoy chips! They are sweet but starchy enough to fill me up.
This Sweet Potato Hash is the perfect comforting dinner. Quick to prepare and very easy to throw together it’s one of my staple midweek suppers. However it’s also a pretty good brunch dinner – especially with some eggs thrown on top!
Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash – Serves 2
5 sugar and wheat free sausages (There are available at all good supermarkets – just check the ingredient list)
2 large red onions
3 sweet potatoes
2 stems of fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves
chives to garnish
salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Chop the unpeeled sweet potatoes into cubes and add to a casserole dish along with a glug of olive oil, the minced garlic, rosemary leaves and chopped sausages. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile peel and slice the onions and cook them until soft over a medium heat.
4. Once soft add the onions to the dish in the oven and cook everything for an additional 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked soft. (The roasting time depends on the size of the sweet potato chunks).
5. Take the dish out of the oven and serve with a sprinkling of chives.If you’re not eating Whole 30 then a sprinkling or parmesan on top works great too!