As much as I love winter, I do not love eye bags, but according to anti-aging experts winter ages a woman’s eyes by four years and eight months! Great, so we all look nearly 5 years older!
These science boffins discovered that due to the reduced sunlight hours,and the reduction in the time we spend outdoors during the winter months we have paler skin which emphasizes bags. We also feel more tired due to lower levels of vitamin D (generated by the body in sunlight).
Lacking vitamins D and K has considerable effect on the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes. So not great news to us tired students who sleep very little at this time of year also.
A few ways to help us girls get rid of dark eye bags;
– Sleep! Even if it is 15 minutes, it tricks your body into thinking you have slept for longer, and we all need our beauty sleep!
– Using a cooling compress (wet cotton wool/cucumber slices) to help temporarily shrink the blood vessels, reducing puffiness.
– Eye creams that contain vitamin K and retinol can also help.
– Eat less salt (healthier diet) as it encourages fluid retention, thus puffiness.
– If all else fails, hide it through makeup. Personally I use Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 Concealer and Highlighter. It really is a great highlighter and the tube lasts a long time.